Announcing our first ever Brew-chanan Fest Homebrew Competition
DATES TO REMEMBER
September 20, 2019 – All entries are due by Friday, September 20th at Lancaster Homebrew during their normal business hours of Monday-Thurs 11 am -7 pm, Fri 11 am – 6 pm and Sat 9 am – 3 pm.
September 24, 2019 – Top 10 entries will be posted on our Brew-chanan Fest website.
October 5, 2019 – Brew-chanan Fest – top 10 homebrewers will have their beer sampled at the festival. Voting will be held at Brew-chanan Fest to determine the winners of the prizes.
HOW TO ENTER
Have you ever brewed a beer that was so good, you thought this should be on tap somewhere??
If so, don’t keep that beer a secret, enter our Homebrew Competition!!
- Brew a batch, do not be tempted to drink the entire batch!! (see rule 9) Drop a sample off at Lancaster Homebrew, 1551 Manheim Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601, samples are due by September 20, 2019
- A sample should be one of the following: 2, 12 ounce bottles, 2, 22 ounce bombers, 2 cans, or one growler.
- What style did you brew? Identify the type of beer, using this form.
- Please print and use this beer ID form **Attach the form to your sample with a rubber band**!
- Limit of 2 entries per person!
- When dropping off your sample, bring a $10 check per entry made out to our event beneficiary “Angels Among Us Animal Sanctuary” Beers only. No Professionals. Payment is due at time of drop-off at Lancaster Homebrew.
- This is not a BJCP event, although the judges will be using the same scoring system.
- Preliminary judging will take place between September 20 and September 23, finalists will be posted and notified on September 24.
- Remember we said DON’T DRINK YOUR BATCH?? If you are selected as a finalist, you will need five gallons, bottled or kegged for the day of Brew-chanan Fest. Voting will be for the first two hours of the festival or until half of the finalists run out, whichever happens first.
- Each finalist will receive two (2) tickets for Brew-chanan Fest on October 5, 2019
- Prizes will be awarded on stage during Brew-chanan Fest
NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM ANYONE WHO IS A LICENSED BREWER OR IN COLLABORATION WITH AN EXISTING BREWER
A public vote at Brew-chanan Fest will determine our 1st and 2nd place winners. The first place winner will receive a cash prize along with your beer being featured on tap at one of our participating brewers and an Iron Hill Brewery gift card. The second place winner will receive a gift certificate to Lancaster Homebrew and an Iron Hill Brewery gift card.
Brew-chanan Fest Homebrew Competition Sponsored By